What is the degree of pluralism in media activities and content?
What are the biggest threats and smallest risks of pluralism?
What is the position of the Finnish media in the European comparison?
Media pluralism is discussed at the afternoon seminar by the University of Jyväskylä. The event is based on the results of Media Pluralism Monitor research project funded by the European Commission. The Department of Communication at the University of Jyväskylä is the Finnish research partner in the project.
Seminar language will be Finnish. There is free entry to the seminar. Register by Nov 17, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Finnish Broadcasting Company YLE, Iso Paja, Radiokatu 5
12.00 MPM-project and its research instruments. Comparison results at the European level.
Heikki Kuutti, University of Jyväskylä
12.30 Media pluralism in Finland
Ville Manninen, University of Jyväskylä
13.15 Comments by the expert panelists
– Marina Österlund-Karinkanta, the Finnish Broadcasting Company
– Risto Uimonen, Council for Mass Media
– Hannu Nieminen, University of Helsinki
– Juha Rekola, the Union of Journalists in Finland
– Mikko Hoikka, the Federation of the Finnish Media
– Kalle Varjola, Finnish Communications Regulatory Authority
– Riitta Ollila, University of Jyväskylä
14.00 Public discussion and comments
15.00 Closure of the seminar