In 2013 union members were issued with a new press card without a photo. Non-photo press cards are valid for two years, and new ones are sent to members before their old cards expire.
(If you haven’t got the new membership card for 2017-18, contact the Membership issues helpline)
The card carries the bus and coach Matkahuolto sign, which allows certain discounts on tickets. The card also has the Turva insurance logo, and as such is proof of insurance cover. When you are issued with you card, you will receive info about insurance cover for members.
You can also order a press card that carries your photo (see below).
International press card supplements UJF press card with photo.
This card is also the IFJ International Press Card. The IFJ logo is shown on the new UJF card that carries the holder’s photo. It is only valid when shown together with the UJF press card.
Use your press card responsibly
Your press card allows you to certain benefits, such as discounts and free entrance to certain events, regardless of whether you are on a work assignment. The UJF does not approve of the use of the press card for benefits unrelated to work.
Further information: Membership hotline 09.00 – 11.30, tel: 050 369 4737 or 050 366 3501, e-mail email@example.com
How to order a press card with photo (includes the International Press Card)
In order to submit a card order, you will need your membership number, which is found on the membership card. You will also need a digital passport photo/head shot (vertical photo), which is available in your computer or mobile device. The photo should be in one of the following formats: JPG, TIFF or PNG, and the size of the file must not exceed 5 MB.
Also, make sure you have your online banking passwords/codes ready, because you will need them to make the card payment as part of the order process.
2. Go to: https://www.henkilokortti.net/pressikortti.
3. Log in to the system. Your user ID is your membership number (from the membership card with no photo) and the password is your date of birth in the form ddmmyy (for example, 3 October 1977 = 031077).(The same log in instructions are valid later on as well, if you wish to track the progress of your order or order a new card to replace a lost one.)
4. Once you have logged in, click the underlined link Add an order on the following screen.
5. The system will ask you to upload the photo you wish to appear on the card.
Open the photo file in the relevant folder or desktop of your computer/mobile device and upload it in accordance with the given instructions. If the format of the file is incompatible (other than JPG, TIFF or PNG) or the file is larger than the allowed 5 MB, the system will discontinue the upload process.
6. On the next screen, you will see the photo you uploaded along with your personal details and the address to which your card will be mailed. If any of this information is incorrect, discontinue the ordering process and notify the membership register of the Union. You can only order the card once your information has been corrected in the register. The changes will have been updated in the system by the following day.
7. Now it’s time to pay for the order. Click on Pay here and you will see a screen containing the logos of the different online banking systems. Click on your bank’s logo. The €20 sum will appear onscreen, so you do not need to enter any figures. The payment is made using your own banking codes, in the same way as you make any other online payments.
8. When the payment has been made, you will once again return to the screen containing your photo and contact information. Now you can log out of the service from the Log out link in the upper right corner. It is a good idea to empty the cache memory on your Internet browser, as should normally be done when handling online banking issues.
9. Ordered cards are printed on Tuesdays and mailed out on Wednesdays or Thursdays. So, you will receive your card within about one week from the date of order. In the beginning, it may take slightly longer to receive the card, as there will likely be more orders coming in. Place the photo card together with your actual membership card into the plastic holder that comes in the same package. Take proper care of your card. If the card is lost, you will have to order and pay for a new one.