The UJF’s equality programme aims
- to bring about operative equality plans for as many work communities of journalists as possible
- to develop payroll systems that support equal pay for women and men
- to ensure the equal deployment of women and men in the union’s shop steward and other positions
- to generate a pro-gender equality climate in the media sector, and
- to promote recognition of gender equality perspectives in journalism.
The UJF is a gender equality union:
- the union’s members comprise almost equal numbers of men and women
- the union board includes both men and women
- promoting gender equality is an integral part of the union’s work.
In their work, journalists must not communicate improper or disparaging notions of gender.