Assistance for UJF members include:
- elected workplace shop stewards
- occupational safety and health matters from OSH representatives
- ombudsman services for freelancers, including first-hand assistance on freelance issues at individual publishing houses
- ombudsman services on collective agreements and terms of employment
- advice on legal and terms of employment (Mon-Fri, 13.00-16.00, tel: 044-7555 000)
Resolving disputes to do with collective agreements follows a set procedure. The first is to contact your shop steward.
Some matters have to be resolved in court. Because this is highly expensive, the UJF has taken out legal protection insurance to cover members’ possible court costs.